One of the greatest benefits of using one of KHM Travel’s Personal Honeymoon Consultants is the expert advice she can provide. Whether it’s suggestions about where to go, when to book, what to pack or tips on what to do before you leave, our experienced agents will put their years of experience to use in helping make sure you have an enjoyable experience. Check out some top travel tips from our agents.
Top 8 Travel Tips From Our Experts
1. Use a travel expert. Travel professionals offer a wealth of knowledge from current international travel requirements to safety advisories to how to get special resort credits and upgrades. Our experts travel regularly visiting resorts, experiencing popular area excursions, sampling foods and immersing themselves in destinations worldwide. And by using a travel expert you have peace of mind knowing wherever in the world you are you can call for assistance. Contrary to popular belief—booking through an agent doesn’t cost more. Our expert travel planning and booking services are available to you at no charge. Learn why you should use a travel agent.
2. Book sooner than later. The ideal time to book your honeymoon is 6-9 months before your actual travel date. The earlier you confirm and book your trip the more travel options you’ll have available. The most desirable flight times, room categories and excursions get booked first leaving slim pickings for those who wait until the last minute. Request an appointment with a Travel Agent now!
3. Resist booking on-line. Today many brides and grooms are booking their own honeymoons (and even destination weddings) online. They spend hours doing research and usually end up frustrated by all of the confusing options available. Your honeymoon is a major investment. Don’t trust a booking website to give you exceptional quality, service or attention. And if the amazing travel deal you find online is legitimate, a travel expert will be able to match that price booking with a reputable travel company. Request an appointment with a Travel Agent now!
4. Consider using a Honeymoon Registry. A honeymoon registry can help you and your fiancée have the honeymoon that you thought was beyond your reach. Your guests can purchase a part of your dream honeymoon as a wedding present and help you get those little extras that will make your honeymoon trip truly special. Extras like a room upgrade to an ocean view, a couples massage on the beach or champagne and strawberries in your suite upon your arrival – the options are endless! Register your honeymoon now!
5. Get travel insurance. Protect your honeymoon investment and purchase travel insurance. You might think you’re going on your honeymoon no matter what, but what if a hurricane hits, a family member gets sick or you lose your job? Depending on the type of travel insurance you purchase you can cancel your trip for any reason and recoup your investment. Most insurance companies do not cover illness or medical assistance in other counties. Travel insurance secures medical coverage outside of the USA. If you should need medical attention it could cost a fortune. Get travel insurance and know you’re covered.
6. Contact your credit card company. Many credit card companies will block international transactions without prior authorization. Make sure you contact your credit card company and your bank (if you’re using a debit card) at least two weeks prior to travel. Don’t forget to ask how much they charge for international conversion fees.
7. Stay Connected. Do you want to contact friends and family while out of the county? Using your cell phone may not be a possibility. Contact your cell provider a month prior to travel to find out where they service, what upgraded phone plan and/or equipment may need and what fees apply for long distance calls. If you want to leave your cell phone behind you can still stay in touch via the internet. Most resorts offer the internet for a fee during specified hours. If your resort doesn’t have internet access, a nearby town may have an internet cafe.
8. Passport Requirements. Don’t wait till the last minute to apply for a passport. It may take up to six weeks for the government to process your application. Keep a copy (photo) of your passport in your cell phone and/or in an email account. This way if your passport is lost while traveling you will always have a copy accessible. Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website for more information.